OK, unless you’re a Hollywood star you shouldn’t be worried about your teeth right?…Well, maybe! See, your teeth are included in EVERY interaction of your and my life, so unless we have no teeth, teeth matter!
Colgate Oral Center says:
“Thanks to advances in oral care, people no longer have to walk around with stained or yellow teeth. These days, brightening your smile is as easy as visiting your dental professional for a whitening treatment or purchasing one of the many at-home treatment options available”
These are top 10 secrets on how to keep teeth white, without emptying our pockets. 5 will be do’s, and 5 will be do not’s of how to keep your teeth white!
- Use Whitening Toothpastes and Rinses. These are more of the surface stain helper. They help you in need of a temporary solution and won’t last too long, but you can always make it count when you need it. Whitening Toothpastes can definitely be a good constant aid!
- Do-it-yourself Teeth Whitening and Teeth Whitening Kits. These also help the more surface stains and are more of a temporal solution as well, but when you need it, any over-the-counter kit can always help!
- Home Remedies. These do work. Brushing with baking soda, some foods such as celery, apples, pears, and carrots trigger lots of saliva, which helps wash away food debris on your teeth. Cool!
- Dentist Visits (Teeth Whitening Procedure). We get it, you don’t like the dentist, but they’re looking out for you. Go and tell them about your Hollywood dream and how you’d love to look like a Hollywood star, and they can help!
- Sign up for Direct Access Dental Discount Plan. The beauty of this plan is that it doesn’t have to be an emergency for you to use it. Show up, show your membership card, and get VIP pricing to teeth whitening, braces, and much more! Stop paying full price for teeth whitening.
- Staining Foods. Avoid eating foods like tomatoes (especially in pasta sauce), berries, and strong spices. Any
berry has the potential to stain your teeth. Particularly potent ones include blueberries,
blackberries, and cranberries. Spices such as curry and turmeric can also cause your teeth to
have a yellow or brownish tinge.
- Drinking and Staining. Avoid beverages that can stain your teeth. The biggest culprits are coffee, tea, and red wine. Regular consumption of all
of these beverages can majorly stain your smile over time. Even certain juices can discolor your
teeth—think cranberry or cherry juice.
- Smoking. Don’t smoke! Not only is it bad for your health, smoking is one of the worst when it comes to staining teeth. Tobacco causes brown stains that penetrate tooth enamel. Brushing alone may not remove the stains. The longer you smoke, the more entrenched the stains become. Also, Smoking causes bad breath and gingivitis (gum disease), and increases the risk of most types of cancer. Smoking is a bad idea. Period.
- Sports Drinks, not Hot Cocoa. Don’t sip on sports drinks like you would hot cocoa. According to WebMD: “Researchers found that these drinks — as well as bottled lemonade — may erode tooth enamel after long-term use.” Quick sip, and if possible, don’t let it touch your teeth!
- Habits. Don’t forget daily maintenance: Flossing, brushing, and the small habits will always help you increase your likeability to have some beautiful white teeth!